jobs are not executed at the proper time

From: Akram JARO <e9225501_at_fbma.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: 9 Nov 1999 12:23:54 GMT

I submitted a job which should be executed immediate and repeated every 5 minutes

(DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:v_jobnum,'pp;',sysdate,'sysdate+(5/(24*60))');

But the job is executed for the first time only after a couple of hours.

It is possible to force the immediate execution with RUN and then it is re-executed every 5 minutes as
it should be, but this solution is not good for me.

I think the values of the initseed-file are correct:

job_queue_interval = 10
job_queue_keep_connections = false

Please tell what the problem may be.

--
thanx in advance

					MfG
					Akram JARO
		email e9225501_at_fbma.tuwien.ac.at

        Student at the  Vienna University of Technology