Re: Summery of all Used Oracle-Blocks

From: webbo <hughjanus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 11:11:51 GMT

Hi,

The only way of doing this that I am aware of, is to analyze all the tables. This will provide information in DBA_TABLES about empty blocks, which you can then use to determine the total 'used' blocks.

Webbo

In article <000b8d9b.d39efe57_at_usw-ex0101-008.remarq.com>,   Karl R. <kreitsch_at_zdnetmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am backing up with Oracle8/rman80.
> Rman only backups used Oracle-Blocks.
>
> But the statement i used for to control the backupsetsize gives the
> allocated segments not the used OracleBlocks, they could be less.
>
> SELECT
> SUM(bytes) / ( 1024 * 1024 ) netto_database_size_m
> FROM
> dba_segments;
>
> Do you know a statement for the exact number of used Oracle-Blocks?
> Thank you!
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

--
Webbo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 05:11:51 CST