Re: Importing in Oracle8i

From: Karl R. <kreitsch_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 01:50:35 -0800

Hello !

Use the import-Tool directly!
With NT ( imp in Oracle 8-Version ) you can see following paramters

C:\>imp80 help=yes

Import: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Tue Nov 9 10:55:50 1999

(c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

You can let Import prompt you for parameters by entering the IMP command followed by your username/password:

     Example: IMP SCOTT/TIGER

Or, you can control how Import runs by entering the IMP command followed by various arguments. To specify parameters, you use keywords:

     Format:  IMP KEYWORD=value or KEYWORD=(value1,value2,...,valueN)
     Example: IMP SCOTT/TIGER IGNORE=Y TABLES=(EMP,DEPT) FULL=N
               or TABLES=(T1:P1,T1:P2), if T1 is partitioned table

USERID must be the first parameter on the command line.

Keyword Description (Default) Keyword Description (Default)

USERID   username/password           FULL         import entire file (N)
BUFFER   size of data buffer         FROMUSER     list of owner
usernames
FILE     input file (EXPDAT.DMP)     TOUSER       list of usernames
SHOW     just list file contents (N) TABLES       list of table names
IGNORE   ignore create errors (N)    RECORDLENGTH length of IO record
GRANTS   import grants (Y)           INCTYPE      incremental import
type
INDEXES  import indexes (Y)          COMMIT       commit array insert
(N)
ROWS     import data rows (Y)        PARFILE      parameter filename
LOG      log file of screen output

DESTROY overwrite tablespace data file (N) INDEXFILE write table/index info to specified file CHARSET character set of export file (NLS_LANG) POINT_IN_TIME_RECOVER Tablespace Point-in-time Recovery (N) SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES skip maintenance of unusable indexes (N) ANALYZE execute ANALYZE statements in dump file (Y) FEEDBACK display progress every x rows(0)

Import terminated successfully without warnings.

Importing full you need auser with this SystemPrivilege. system or sys

I do not know if a full import is possible because the databse version is different. If you like to import User-Objects only import the user-schema

Bye!