Re: Resize or add Datafiles

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 18:59:57 +0800

Gordan Freeman wrote:

> What are the pros and cons between adding datafiles to tablespaces or
> resizing existing ones to bigger sizes. The only advantages I see over
> adding datafiles is to allow you to place them on bigger disks and
> perhaps give you contiguous free space.
>
> Any more advatages.
>
> Matthew

Assuming all the other things (striping, contention, etc etc) are already well handled I would recommend resizing over adding since you wont run into the the maxdatafiles problems...then again, you are often limited to 2G per file on many platforms...

sixes and half-dozens really

Cheers
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 04:59:57 CST