Re: Oracle on linux wich one?

From: Joerg Lanzinger <joerg_at_lanzinger.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 13:02:05 +0100

> Every version of Oracle for Linux has _some_ errors (or problems),
> if you want error free install look for another DB engine.

This is what I call a strange answer.
If you want to test Oracle, go for the 8i version (available via technet.oracle.com, or by ftpSearching for 815ship.tgz). I already did several installations and meanwhile all work fine. IMHO, Oracle8i has not more errors than Adabas, SyBase, Informix, PostGres or any other large (R)DBMS ported to linux.

HTH
  Joerg Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 06:02:05 CST