Re: Oracle 8 on Novell workable?

From: Steve A <spectre_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:43:27 +0800

Hi,
I'm trying to develop on novell using 8.x

it goes in smoothly as long as you follow the docs.

1.You must turn off sub allocation & compression, atleast in the directory that the oracle is installed. 2. for development purposes you can get a "free" 5 user version from novell.
3. most anything you write on novell should port to other oracle platforms.

4. I have seen corruption of oracle runnig under some versions of linux which is why i'm on novell, (also I cannot be doing with messing about setting up an n.t server)

I have one problem
 That i cannot seem to resolve using multiple network cards in the same server using tcp/ip.

In that the oracle net8 , returns the ip address of the "private" network address to a client on the "public" net, resulting in a connection failure.

steve