Re: Is it wise to create datafiles that use over 90% of the disk space?

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:04:18 -0000

There is not a problem with Oracle but I have had problems when attempting a DR on filesystems that were very full (20Mb left on an 9Gb filesystem). The setup was AIX 4.3 and although the filesystem size on the DR machine was identical to the production restores failed because AIX requires a certain amount of free disk space when copying/writing files. Im not an AIX expert so I can't quote the exact source of the problem but it's handy to allow yourself a little room on any filesystem (I tend to leave 100-150MB).

neil.