RMAN - reset database to incarnation - URGENT!!!

From: <sbenyo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 09:49:44 GMT

Hi,

I'm using RMAN to backup a production database; The rman's catalog was created on another database.

I had to delete the production database, and now I want to restore and recover it.
I recreated the database , without any tablespaces, and tried to restore and recover the database with rman.

The problem is, that rman is working with incarnations, and I could not get to the old incarnation not matter what I did.

The command to reset to old incarnation is reset database to incarnation XXX.
The command itself works but the resync fails and I can't do anything.

The only things I could do was to reset the database - create new incarnation but I can't get to the old backups!

Is there any way I can tell RMAN to use the old backups ???? or maybe is there a way to use the backupsets I have ????

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

10x

                              Shaul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 03:49:44 CST