Spooling large records

From: Jeremy Ovenden <jovenden_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:15:59 -0000

If my understanding is correct, in sqlplus you cannot set linesize param to more than 255 chars and that utl_file in pl/sql is restricted to a line size of 255 chars too.

I need to create a flat file (solaris 2.6) which contains data from the oracle (8.0.6) database but the record size created will likely be circa 1000 characters. What is the best way of creating this?

Jeremy Ovenden Received on Sun Nov 07 1999 - 05:15:59 CST