[HELP !] Installing Oracle 8i & Designer 6.0

From: SEG <elguedjs_at_teamco.fr>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 12:49:09 +0100

Hi !

I have a problem with installing Designer 6.0 Tutorial repository:

1)
I have installed Oracle 8i (typical installation) and then Designer 6.0 (on the same machine) and then tried to the Preconfigured Repository (still on the same machine). Unfortunately, when trying to do so, the installer refused to install the Repository int the same home as Oracle 8i (OraHome81). It then gave an alternative home name. It therefore ended with an error saying that Oracle was not installed on the alternate home I gave...

2)
I then suspected that this was due to the fact that the typical Oracle 8i installation is installing a starter database. I therefore scratched the configuration and installed Oracle 8i without the starter database. I tried to install the repository without any improvement: the same message indicates me that I cannot install the repository in the OraHome81 since it is used for "Oracle Production 815"...

What's wrong with me ?
Thank you for your help.
Regards.
Stéphane E.G. Received on Sat Nov 06 1999 - 05:49:09 CST