Re: How is 3 tier using oracle

From: Guus van de Sande <gs.dyntas_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 12:08:01 +0100

I wonder why you should place the Oracle database on NT. Better use Tru64 Unix as both a database and application-platform. We use it for our SAP Environment and it works great.

Beside the above platform, we use a helpdesk-application called APPLIX in a three-tier environment. NT-clients, NT-application server and an Oracle Database running on OpenVMS, that combination runs fine too.

regards,

Guus van de Sande
Database Consultant
DYNTAS Consultancy BV
The Netherlands Received on Sat Nov 06 1999 - 05:08:01 CST