Re: oracle8i(8.1.5) vc oracle application server 4.0.8

From: Ron Leedy <rleedy_at_dicarta.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 19:46:49 -0800

"Lim, Young-sang" wrote:

> In our project, we try to use pro*c in oralce application server 4.0.8
> in oracle user, i am surely compile all the proc*c code, but when I run on
> the
> web sever through the IE browser, it does not show any message on the
> screen.
>
> When I contact to respose center in oracle, they say that oracle application
> server use oracle 8.0.5 library to run the pro*c module.
>
> Is there any soluion that I can run pro*c cgi files in oracle application
> server?
> ( We should use oracle 8i, because we use xml parser in oracle 8i and this
> is the essential point in our project. )
>
> Thanks in advance!

You will need to install OAS 4.0.8 in a seperate OHOME and use TNS (remote connection) to make your connection to the 8i database. As WWS implied to you, OAS 4.0.8 is not native to 8i in its libraries. As far using the XML parser, have you looked at developing using the java cartridges? The only problem with OAS and java cartridges is that you are only allowed to define unique SYSTEM_PROPERTIES for all java cartridges. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 21:46:49 CST