Re: Transaction without Rollback Segment?

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 00:35:57 GMT

Is there any possibility this will ever change? I have lots of instances where I would love to just tell oracle to give me the latest information, not the information consistent with the beginning of the query. It's really frustrating that oracle goes to great lengths to do something that actually makes it less useful in these cases.

Instead I have to have my scripts restart every hour or so and rerun the query excluding the already processed records. This avoids needing huge rollback segments, and it gets reasonably recent data, but It requires redoing some expensive joins and is only a compromise solution anyways.

Really frustrating, and I'm sure it's been a frequently asked for feature for years and years, at least someone seems to ask for it here every few days.

--
greg Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 18:35:57 CST