Re: New instance keeps asking for PUPBLD.SQL even after it's run...why?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 22:22:14 GMT

That seems odd. I'd be interested in the ultimate solution to this one. A couple things come to my mind. Did you run the correct PUPBLD version for the release of Oracle that you are running? You probably did, but it's worth checking. What is the SQL*Plus release? Does it match the database?

You might also look at the permissions. The SYSTEM user should own a view (or a table) named PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE. Everyone needs select access to that. If SQL*Plus doesn't see it when you log on, you get that error. You might also check to see if the synonym by the same name exists.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are