Re: New instance keeps asking for PUPBLD.SQL even after it's run...why?

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 21:09:20 GMT

In article <8jEU3.615$UI2.13762_at_dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net>,   "John Haskins" <76054.334SPAMBEGONE_at_compuserve.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks:
>
> I've added two new instances to an existing Oracle 7.3.4.0.1 server
(Solaris
> 2.6). Even though I have already run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM in each new
> instance, each time I log on I get this message:
> Error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
> Warning: Product user profile information not loaded!
> You may need to run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM
>
> Anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do about it?
>
> Thanks.

May I recommend:

1)  Log on as system and verify the table is there
2)  Check that the public synonum is there
3)  Verify that PUBLIC was granted DML privileges on it

I should probably ask if you ran the script manually from sqlplus or using the Oracle provided shell script in $ORACLE_HOME/bin? --
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 15:09:20 CST