Re: Temp tables?

From: <milagre_at_softdes.com.br>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 21:02:04 GMT

Hi Chad,

Actualy, until Oracle 8.0.x, there are not the temporary table concept. There temporary segments, used only internally by Oracle (sys user), in sorts. You, normal user, if want to use temp tables, need to create normal tables and use as a temp table. Notice that, if you don't commit the changes, the rows in a "temp table" is visible only for your session, never existing for other sessions.

In the Oracle 8i (8.1.x), was created the temporary table concept. The rows in a temporary table in 8i can persist for a session or only for one transaction, depending of your configuration.

bye

In article <2fEU3.175$c96.15362_at_news.uswest.net>,   "Chad Sheley" <csheley_at_usa.capgemini.com> wrote:
> This may be a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the concept of
an
> Oracle temporary table in any documentation. Is there a reason? or am
I just
> a poor researcher?
>
> Chad Sheley
> csheley_at_usa.capgemini.com
> Senior Consultant
> Cap Gemini
> Des Moines, IA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 15:02:04 CST