Re: Oracle Tablesspace Runs space problem

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 18:49:53 +0800

earlrc_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I'm currently having trouble understanding why a tablespace in Oracle
> would run out of space. When I try to write to a specific table, it
> reports that the space quota has exceeded for the tablespace that the
> table is in. I have tried totally deleting the tablespace along with
> its datafiles and users and then recreated everything, but that doesn't
> seem to help. Interestingly enough, the table allows less and less
> records as time goes on. For example, the first time I can add records,
> it allows 100. Then, if I delete all the records and try to re-add
> them, it only allows 98 records. This behavior continues as long as I
> delete all the records and try to add them again. It seems that there
> is some soft limit configured somewhere, but I'm not really sure where
> to look. Does anyone have any ideas? If you need more details to
> understand this problem, please ask. Thanks for any help I can get.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

quotas are different to space running out...

example:

you create a 500M tablespace yyy
you then give a user xxx a quota of 50M on that tablespace (alter user xxx quota 50m on yyy)

once 'xxx' uses that 50m it doesn't matter how big the tablespace is - he/she doesn't get any more...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 04:49:53 CST