Re: Sessions automatically cancelled after inactivity?

From: GL <gl_at_pa.pt>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:04:51 -0000

Yes, but not in init.ora.

You have to create a new profile or change de default profile on "idle time" parameter (minutes).

To create a new profile:

CREATE PROFILE <profile name> LIMIT CPU_PER_SESSION DEFAULT CPU_PER_CALL DEFAULT CONNECT_TIME UNLIMITED IDLE_TIME <nš of minutes> SESSIONS_PER_USER DEFAULT LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION DEFAULT LOGICAL_READS_PER_CALL DEFAULT PRIVATE_SGA DEFAULT COMPOSITE_LIMIT DEFAULT; To assign the new profile to users:

ALTER USER <user name> PROFILE <profile name>;