Pre-fetching rows of a query

From: <diegoami_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:57:30 GMT

I'm trying to access an ORACLE database from ASP pages. My queries are very heavy and return very large ResultSets, so I paged them using a Session-wide ResultSet variable. I wish I could get the first, say, 100 rows from the database, and I shouldn't fill the ResultSet with all the rows which match the query conditions. I should pre-fetch them. Then, after clicking on the Next button, I would like to see the next rows. The problem : ResultSet's Method Open fetches ALL of the rows. A Quick browse from SQL Navigator retrieves the first 100 rows much quicker. Is there a way around this? ResultSet's Property MaxRecords cuts the query and isn't good.

Maybe I should use Stored Procedures, but how do I get ORACLE to return a ResultSet? Is it possibile?

Perhaps an ADO component could do the trick? RDS?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 11:57:30 CST