Dynamic SQL Cursors

From: Chad Sheley <csheley_at_usa.capgemini.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:11:48 -0600

I am fairly knew to the PL/SQL / Oracle world, but have become pretty familiar with a couple of concepts: returning a cursor from a function or stored procedure AND dynamic SQL.

Now... I want to combine the 2 concepts. I want to dynamically create a SQL statement and then return a cursor object from my function that creates the statement. As near as I can tell, the dynamic SQL package (DBMS_SQL) identifies the cursor with an integer variable, not a cursor object.

How can I reference a cursor object created from a dynamic SQL statement.

Thanks,

Chad Sheley
csheley_at_usa.capgemini.com
Senior Consultant
Cap Gemini
Des Moines, IA Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 11:11:48 CST