Installing O8i into Red Hat 6.1... here's how

From: Mr. Charles R. Hurley <crh_at_panix.com>
Date: 5 Nov 1999 11:45:48 -0500

Hi All,

For those of you who have Red Hat 6.1 and Oracle 8i (8.1.5.0.1) here is how I got 8i to install into RH 6.1:

Don't run ./runInstaller it does not work, or it didn't with me. I got the following error message:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from \  /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait... Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
:Bad Address

So instead of running "runInstaller" run "runIns.sh" from the install/linux. It works.

Of course read all documentation: install guide, release notes, and FAQ.

If this works for you please send me a note.

--crh
--
Thank you,
Charles R. Hurley