Re: How to disable transactions

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 15:11:08 GMT

Hi,

 you cannot disable transactions per se.  they are one of the most important reasons for using relational databases like oracle and essential for their operation.

 you can disable transactions for a few operations though:

 truncate table (not transactional anyway)  create table .... as select
 direct path load (sql*loader)
 etc.

 for create table as select ..
 you do:

 create table ....
 alter table ... nologging;
 insert /*+append */ .... select .... from old_tab;

 or something like that (don't have a manual handy, - this may not be entirely correct)

Karsten
In article <7vu4rj$an6$1_at_sunsite.icm.edu.pl>,   "Iks" <gold_at_polbox.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with Oracle 8.0.5 (Solaris). My database is cyclically
> removed and loaded again from other system, just for analysis only,
> and I don't need sophisticated techniques like transaction processing
> because most important issue for me is the performance.
> Very ofthen I have to do : create table ... as select ..... then I
have to
> update
> some fields. I would like to disable transaction processing, but I
don't
> know
> how to do it.
> Is there anybody who can help me ?
>
> Regards,
> Iks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 09:11:08 CST