LOB Export / Import

From: <Imagecodedata_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:22:43 GMT

One of the 3rd party applications we're implementing uses LOB field types in it's tables. We're at the stage now where we need to take an exact COPY of this applications tablespaces (from the DEV box) and put it into it's own instance on the LIVE box.

We'd like to make some changes to the tablespace names, sizes and locations when we put this application into it's own instance, but we've found that because some of the tables contain LOB fields, we can't do this using the standard tools !!!!

Does anyone know of / has anyone written a "tool" (Be it PL/SQL scripts, client-server app, or whatever) that will allow us to :- export tables containing LOBs from one Tablespace and Import these tables into a completely different tablespace ?

Ultimately, all we want it an exact copy of the current data, but with schema changes (Indexes in their own tablespace, lob tables separated out etc etc).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 08:22:43 CST