Re: log buffer size (again)

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:23:48 GMT

Hello Neil,

The problem is that it increases the average 'log file sync' wait time. That is the wait that users get when they press COMMIT. DBWn also waits on 'log file sync' when checkpointing, and at other times.

The issues are explained fully on my web site (1st URL below) in the tip "Tuning the Log Buffer Size".

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/