Re: German characters in OAS 4.0.7

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:21:01 GMT

Hi,
 there is an environment variable that controls languague settings and characterset conversion:

 NLS_LANG=German_Germany.WE8ISO8859P1

 (not sure whether this is 100% correct - it is close at least)

You need to set that before establishing your server connection. (perhaps in Windows control-panel on you OAS - machine ?)

Not sure about OAS though.

Karsten

In article <7vsaoc$tta$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kerstensa_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem: I've build an application using OAS
4.0.7
> and an Oracle 8 Server backend. I am using german chars (like öäü)
> which show up okay in the database, but the browser (fed by OAS pages)
> is showing them as funny characters (no öäü). I guess I have to set
the
> correct language somewhere in the OAS application cartridge, but I
> don't know where and how.
>
> Can somebody help me here? Would be very much appreciated!
>
> Andre
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 05:21:01 CST