Re: Rebuilding large index problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:18:48 +0100

Let's compare what Oracle most likely does

alter index rebuild
create index
get dictionary definition
build temporary segment
build temporary segment
drop original index
create new index as temp segment in destination tablespace create new index as temp segment in destination tablespace

rename the temporary segment to index_name rename the temporary segment to index_name

so Yes, most likely you will run into the same issue.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA