Re: Get rownum or rowid in insert URGENTT!!!!

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:00:41 +0200

Carlos wrote in message <3821F8ED.BE12B948_at_yahoo.com>...
>I am making severals inserts in a table, for each one I need to get the
>rowid or rownum . How to do it?

I think you can only get them -after- the transaction has been committed.

>I tried with a trigger, but it didn't work. Any suggestion?
>I don't know in which moment the client is going to make an insert,
>that's why I need these, to identified that row.

If you need to resort to using rowids then something is -seriously- wrong with the design or implementation of that system. If you do have tables that have no unique identifier, then sequences without or without datetimes tamping should be used. Never rowids IMO.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 02:00:41 CST