ASP, PL/SQL and ODBC

From: Lars Lerager <lerager_at_get2net.dk>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 04:42:46 +0100

Hello

Newbie question:

How do i execute a PL/SQL-procedure using ODBC and Active Server Pages? AND get something returned from the procedure?

I'm not sure how to call the procedure and I'm not sure what to write in the procedure to make it return the records.

My ASP-page goes something like this:
******** ASP **********
Set DataBse = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") DataBse.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};UID=SYSTEM;PWD=manager;SERVER=bunker2b.tintin"

sql_query = "?????"

set rs = DataBse.Execute(sql_query)

While not rs.EOF
<Do whatever>

And my procedure looks something like this *********** PL/SQL **********
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE DBtest(BookID IN NUMBER) AS

    ID Bibdata.ID%TYPE;

BEGIN
        SELECT ID INTO ID FROM Bibdata WHERE ID = BookID; END;
.
RUN; --
Lars Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 21:42:46 CST