disk_asyn_io failed on unixware 7.0.1

From: Legend <legend_at_spacelab.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:58:07 -0500

Hello all,

    I just installed Oracle 8.0 on Unixware 7.0.1 for Intel. The installation went fine. However, when I started the server manager(svrmgrl), I got an error or a warning message saying "can't open disk_aysn_io. permission denied",

I checked my disk_asyn_io parameter and it is set to true, so I set it to false in my initSID.ora file. When I start the server manager again, the same message came up.

How can I remove such a warning message? Am I doing it right? The message came up prior to my connection to the server, so I figure it has nothing to do with the database.

What should I do?

Kind regards,

Benny Pei Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 18:58:07 CST