A question on Oracle 8.1.5 installation on RedHat 6.0 Linux

From: Yunki Paik <paik1_at_LLNL.GOV>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:03:08 -0800

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise on RedHat 6.0. As instructed on the Release Note, I have upgraded enlightnement package and installed
JRE1.1.6v5.
When executing runInstaller script, it flashes a Java window so fast that I don't know what it is,
and with the following message, it hangs:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait....

The OraInstall.err and OraInstall.out are zero length, revealing no clue. The classpath is set.

Has anyone seen this? How can I resolve this problem? I would very much appreciate your insights.

Yunki Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 17:03:08 CST