Re: Internal password?

From: aslan <ZZZaslan_at_pcmagic.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 13:25:53 -0800

As I said to Joel Racicot:

In Oracle 8.0.5 its "Oracle" if the default database was created. If the database was custom, its whatever the person who created the database set it to.

If you're in Oracle 8.1.5 (Oracle8i) there is not internal password. Someone told me that its because internal can only be used in Server Manager now and your security scheme should entail controlling who has access to Server Manager. I'd appreciate anyone else's thoughts on the subject.

I've heard people say that it is supposed to be the same as sys, but I've changed SYS and seen no effect on INTERNAL. As a matter of fact, I haven't found out how to change it on 8.0.5. I follow the directions in the book they give at the Oracle DBA course and they don't even work.

Best!

Randall
[Just my Dog and I at the Edge of the Universe]