Where should the business logic reside in the beans or in

From: Seigmund Akinwande Johnson <asjohns_at_midway.uchicago.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:51:26 -0600

I am currently deploying a web based app which requires some business logic and database, I would like to know how to determine where the business logic resides.

Example

If a customer withdraws more that X amount of dollars from an account insert a record which contains
the customer id and the amount, into another table, this requires calls to the database.

Now my question is should I write a stored procedure to do everything in one call
( hence business logic is in the database) or use Java objects in a middleware which will call the stored procedures separately, so the business logic is in the stored procedure.

I am completely database oriented and feel strongly about making this in one network trip instead of
having the business logic in the middleware and making 2 separate calls.

--
Developer
BSDIS