Oracle Application Server xlf.log file and Webtrends

From: <lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 15:43:30 GMT

The Oracle Application Server (vers. 4.0.7.1) allows one to specify additional fields to be placed in the xlf.log file such as cs(referer) and cs(User-Agent) and others. Unfortunately, OAS insists on putting ` ` around these field entries in the log file. Our log analyzer software (Webtrends) will accept " " or nothing around these fields but has problems with the ` `. Is there any way I can still get my cs(referer) and cs(User-Agent) in the xlf.log without the troublesome ` ` surrounding the data?

Oracle has stated that this is not a bug. I just can't believe that they didn't allow the user to determine what character delimits the fields.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Joseph Lofft
lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 09:43:30 CST