Re: running oraclefiles in linux caldera

From: Stephane D'Hoedt <sdhoedt_at_softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:18:40 +0000

Manu wrote:

> Sofie Kempeneer wrote:
> >
> > Then today I installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 on my linux and I
> > received the following errors:
> > When I run svrmgrl it is:
> > Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.5.0.0 - Production
> > ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed
> > When I run dbassist & it is:
> > [1] 686
> > bash$ ldd: can't open /usr/local/jre/bin/../bin/i586/native_threads/jre
> > (no such file or directory)
>
> You don't have a JRE environment (Java Runtime Env.).
> Oracle8i comes in the Application Server (AS) edition, so I guess you
> need Java on your system. I strongly believe this must be located on the
> same CDROM as from which you installed Oracle.
> If not, you need to download a JDK - try to locate one on
> www.blackdown.org
>
> M'e
>
> PS : cross-posting in so many newsgroups won't guarantee you more
> answers...
> --
> Who needs friends when you can sit alone in your room and drink?

I downloaded JRE1.1.6-v5 and I also untarred it. But what do I need to do now? I can't go further.
Did you already installed Oracle Application server 4.0.7 on linux. Maybe you can help me with it.

And still nothing is working, no svrmgrl, dbassist, sqlplus, lsnrctl. Help me please.

Thanks,
Stephane Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 10:18:40 CST