Re: Oracle Partitioning

From: John Chiu <johnymc_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 06:20:36 -0500

It is unlikely you can create such a partition table because the partitioning of the table is according to ONE upper bound value not a list of values you defined. If 126 is the largest airline code and you can treat airline code '000' as null, then you can create a table with two partitions:

create table tablename .........

                  partition by range (airlinecode)
                        (partition pc values less than ('126') ......,
                         partition pd values less than (maxvalue) ....);

all your '126' and '000' airline information will be stored in partition pd and the rest will be stored in pc.

HTH John Chiu