DBMS_OUTPUT Question

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:52:24 GMT

Hi,

considering the following code snippet ....

create or replace procedure VRU_ARCHIVE

   as

    v_start_time          varchar2(20);
    v_end_time            varchar2(20);

BEGIN select to_char(sysdate,'MON DD,YYYY HH24:MI:SS') into v_start_time from dual;

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Beginning ARCHIVE1 Procedure at ||v_start_time||'.');

ARCHIVE1; select to_char(sysdate,'MON DD,YYYY HH24:MI:SS') into v_end_time from dual;

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Finished ARCHIVE1 Procedure at
'||v_end_time||'.');

select to_char(sysdate,'MON DD,YYYY HH24:MI:SS') into v_start_time from dual;

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Beginning ARCHIVE2 Procedure at
'||v_start_time||'.');

ARCHIVE2; select to_char(sysdate,'MON DD,YYYY HH24:MI:SS') into v_end_time from dual;

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Finished VRU_TRANTABLE_ARCH Procedure at
'||v_end_time||'.');

END; -- Procedure VRU_ARCHIVE

my output messages do not appear until the very end of the procedure, and then all at one time. The information stored in the variables is correct, but I would like to see it output to the screen progressively, so I know when ARCHIVE1 started, when it finished, when ARCHIVE2 started, when it finished, etc. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 14:52:24 CST