Re: Database monitoring and tuning tools

From: Joe Moore <moorejo_at_it.postoffice.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:58:07 -0000

Try downloading TOAD (TOOL FOR ORACLE APPLICATION DEVELOPERS) - it is FREE. There are 2 versions - the basic (but FANTASTIC) shareware version from www.toadsoft.com -and- the deluxe version from www.quest.com Quest Software (with SQLab Tuner etc.) on 30 day trial.

The Quest version of TOAD has SQLab Tuner for SQL Application Tuning and is one of the cheapest tools around.

ORACLE has: DIAGNOSTICS PACK, TUNING PACK and CHANGE MANAGEMENT PACK.

Also from Quest are SQL IMPACT for Application/DB Impact Analysis; SPACE MANAGER for DB Space Management;
SCHEMA MANAGER for DB Change Management; I/WATCH for Enterprise Monitoring.

Also look at Platinum Technology www.platinum.com . Pine Cone Systems www.pine-cone.com .
Precise Software Solutions www.precisesoft.com . BMC Software www.bmc.com

HTH Joe