URGENT: SUN to NT export

From: Jeff Kennedy <jeff.kennedy_at_natdecsys.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 18:06:39 GMT

I need help badly! I need to update a database on NT with data from a SUN. We have exported directly to tape on the SUN and now need to be able to import it on NT.

Oracle says that you cannot import from tape on NT. Huh?! How could that possibly be?

We have complete distributions of Oracle 8i. It's running on both platforms. Can this be done? It should be as simple as exporting from SUN and importing on NT but it doesn't seem to be so simple.

Should we use backup and recovery manager? Backup from SUN and recover on NT?

We could always do the kludge workaround: export to disk on SUN, ftp to an NT machine on our network, use NT Backup to put it on tape, use NT Backup on the target machine to restore the data to disk, then import from disk.

Oh, yeah, the target machine is not on our network and the amount of data doesn't allow for ftp across the 'net. I am not a DBA and our dba's don't have an answer for this one.

Thanks,

~JK Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 12:06:39 CST