Re: OAS + Developer Server = Questions

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:25:55 GMT

I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a few.

> 1. forms (*.fmx) can be anywhere, but the location must be added to
> FORMS60PATH in registry. What if I have two files with the same name?
> For example I have two versions of the same application in different
> directiories, but filenames are the same...

If you have two .fmx files with the same name, then the order of the FORMS60PATH comes into play. If FORMS60PATH = "C:\ORANT\FORMS60\FORMS;C:\WEBAPPS\FORMS" and both dirs contain the file in question, the file from the dir listed first will be used. If this is undesireable, you may want to change the order of the dirs in the path.

> 2. What about automatic starting OAS+Developer Server? I have to log-in
> into the system and manually start OAS and Forms Server Listener...

I created a service for the Forms Server Listener. To do this, I used the following command:

   ifsrv60 -install OASFormsServer
Then I went to Services from Control Panel and changed startup to Automatic.

To automatically start OAS, set the OracleStartOAS4.0(home,web) service to Automatic.

HTH,
Brian Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 08:25:55 CST