Re: TABEL LOCKING!!

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:49:13 -0500

A copy of this was sent to "Steve" <schen_at_prodigy.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:11:06 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Can anyone provide hint to prevent the lock occured when some user updates,
>inserts or deletes rows from a table, so that other users can still use the
>table? Any initial parameters to increase the locking capacity?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

The only case i know of where a table gets locked during dml would be when using UNINDEXED foriegn keys ( see the url in my signature for a discussion of this, how to detect, and how to avoid ).

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 07:49:13 CST