OAS + Developer Server = Questions

From: Andrzej Rajczakowski <rajczako_at_teta.com.pl>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 12:30:21 GMT

Hi!

I have OAS 4.0.7.0.0 Enterprise, Developer Server 6.0 + patchset 2. I have deployed.some applications - it looks like they are running fine but... I have several questions:

  1. forms (*.fmx) can be anywhere, but the location must be added to FORMS60PATH in registry. What if I have two files with the same name? For example I have two versions of the same application in different directiories, but filenames are the same...
  2. What about automatic starting OAS+Developer Server? I have to log-in into the system and manually start OAS and Forms Server Listener...
  3. I have tried to make graphs available in my application with Oracle Graphics Server. According to manual I have to create new application and new cartridge:

    9.Set application configuration properties by doing the following:

       Navigate to your application’s Configuration folder by expanding the appropriate tree nodes in the Navigator.

       Within the Configuration folder, click Web Parameters.
       In the Listener List field, specify a listener.
       Click Apply.

There is no Listener Field!!

More: when I added new application and deleted it, OAS behavior was very strange. Dr Watson appeared (wrksf.exe), and stopped responding. Removing applications helped, but I must have Graphics Server working.

Thank you.
--
Andrzej Rajczakowski
TETA S.A. Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 06:30:21 CST