Re: HOW TO CONFIGURE ORACLE7 TNSNAMES UNDER NT4?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:29:03 +0100

You will need of course to configure both listener.ora on the server and tnsnames.ora on the server and all clients. You need to use the named pipe protocol if you want to use netbeui. The usual entry is something like
service= (address_list=(address=(protocol=NMP)(server=<your server name>)(PIPE=orapipe)))

Hth,
PS Where did you find that version? In a museum? Hopefully this is not a production system on a commercial type, because it was desupported years ago.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA