Re: How to fool new server to use old data files?

From: Dragan Markovic <dmarkovic_at_expandia.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:16:51 +0100

Thank your all of your advices.
Finally I succeded.
Here is what I done:
1. On new oracle installation I created instances with the same names like I had before.

2. Than I stopped services from Control Panel for each instance
3. I restored old \orant\database folder from my backup tapes
4. Using program svrmgr23 I started instances doing following:

    set instance SID
    connect internal/USERPWD
    startup
    disconnect
   I repeated this for all instances.
5. Reconfigured TNSListener.ora, Listener.ora files. Now everthing is working properly.
Thank you once more.
Dragan

dragan wrote in message <31b2e646.8ac48428_at_usw-ex0108-062.remarq.com>...
>I had MS NT 3.51 server with Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.3
>After I upgraded NT on 4.0 I lost registry. Oracle server
>couldn't start. I reinstalled Oracle Server but new
>installation didn't recognized old databases. How to use old
>databases on new Oracle server? Or to be more precise how to
>fool new server to use old data files?
>I have 12 hours to solve this problem. If not, tomorrow I
>will be unemployed.
>Any tip, advice or sugestion is more than welcome.
>dragan
>

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful Received on Wed Nov 03 1999 - 03:16:51 CST