How to fool new server to use old data files?

From: dragan <dmarkovicNOdmSPAM_at_expandia.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:51:02 -0800

I had MS NT 3.51 server with Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.3 After I upgraded NT on 4.0 I lost registry. Oracle server couldn't start. I reinstalled Oracle Server but new installation didn't recognized old databases. How to use old databases on new Oracle server? Or to be more precise how to fool new server to use old data files?
I have 12 hours to solve this problem. If not, tomorrow I will be unemployed.
Any tip, advice or sugestion is more than welcome. dragan