Using CLOB

From: <klone5399_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:28:54 GMT

Hi

I am new to Oracle so please excuse the simple question. I am trying to use the CLOB datatype in a column. After creating the table a key I tried to select the CLOB type column with

select dbms_lob.read(test_clob) from test

in SQL work sheet. I got the error

select dbms_lob.read(test_clob) from test

       *
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15428], [PLS Error during synonym translation], [], [], [], [], [], [] ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

Is that the correct syntax for accessing a CLOB type column? Why was STANDARD package not accessible?

I'll be thankful for any help.

Khurram

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 02 1999 - 11:28:54 CST