Max Extents

From: <stuart.crawford_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:52:31 GMT

Can you guys tell me how we determine optimum size for extents on a DB. The problem we are experiencing has to be handled in some manner so that we have an application that we have resize the extents everyday. Correct me if I'm wrong but this can't be the only application on an Oracle Server that's writes a large number new records into the database everyday. How do these applications handle the problem? is it a matter of our estimates being way off?

--
Stuart R. Crawford, MCP, CNA
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 22:52:31 CST