Re: Q: Exp delivers error messages

From: <kcary_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:19:45 GMT

In article <snEYOCBIXDafHYUm+6mV+TFNAKCu_at_4ax.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to Uwe Schneider <uwe.schneider_at_xlink.net>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:40:29 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >When exporting an Oracle 7.3.3 user's DB objects I will always get
the
> >following error messages:
>
> have you upgraded this database? did you run catexp.sql after the
upgrade?

We had the same error when we upgraded 7.3.2->7.3.4. Running $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catexp.sql fixed this problem for us (thanks!).

My question is, why didn't the Oracle Installer run this? We upgraded database objects for each instance -- I thought this was running all necessary scripts to make the db instances useable again.

So, do I need to run cat7303.sql, cat7304.sql, catalog.sql and catproc.sql, too or does the installer run these?

Thanks,
Kim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 17:19:45 CST