Function-based indexes in Oracle 8i

From: <akumarv_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:14:35 GMT

I'm unable to create Function-based indexes on Oracle 8i (Solaris)

It comes out with the followin error -- ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Function-based indexes

Ora Doc says use COMPATIBLE parameter to 8.1.0 but still it won't work. I queried the V$OPTION view and it says FALSE for the Function-based Index feature.

On another 8i database the index creation works fine. Is something wrong with the database creation or is there any way I can enable this feature.

TIA,
Ashish

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 14:14:35 CST