Re: tnsnames.ora

From: k.vinayak <k_vinayak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:04:53 GMT

Hi:

        Did U over-ride the default oracle network admin file location by setting your TNS_ADMIN env var in your startup ( .bashrc , .profile or equivalent in Un*x/Linux OR in the registry un the Software/Oracle tree ).

Try unsetting it or better save Ur tnsnames.ora in the location pointed by Ur TNS_ADMIN env var.

In article <7vjl60$2rt2$1_at_storm.comstar.ru>,   "Vadim Grepan" <kezal_at_mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I've created tnsnames.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. This
config-file
> is
> absolutely correct (has been taken from another Oracle-machine) But
> tnsping fails with message 'TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name'
>
> What could it be?
>
> Rgds, Vadim Grepan
> --------
> kezal_at_mail.ru
> 2:5020/653_at_fidonet.org

HTH
--
Luck is the dividend of sweat,
the more U sweat the more luckier U get. --Ray Kroc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 11:04:53 CST