Slow Database prior to Data recreation. Why?

From: Jay Freeman <jay_at_tamesystems.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:37:55 -0000

I've got an oracle 7.3 database with about 50MB Data.

The Client added another 25MB.

When they gave us the 75MB export back we imported it using the oracle data manager. The application then started to run really slowly (50 seconds to load the main screen). The schemas were exactly the same. This screen loaded in 5 to 10 seconds with our original 50MB.

I have also dropped all the indexes then recreated them on the slow database but there was no speed increase.

We created another user, recreated the schemas, then wrote a program that moves individual records into the other users account (under the same instance). The application now
loads the main screen in 5 to 10 seconds.

What could be occurring here. All tablespaces have plenty of room.

Are the indexes not being maintained? I'm not an Oracle Guru. Please help me if you can. I've been days on this.

Thanks.

--

Jay Freeman

jay_at_tamesystems.com Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 04:37:55 CST